- To share the good news of God's
love -and to see people come to know His love for themselves. ]esus
came declaring good news to the poor, the hurting, the oppressed. The good news
was that Jesus brought freedom, healing, release and God's favour. Jesus also
came teaching "repent and believe the good news". In other words, turn away
from sin (the things we do that are wrong and result in hurting ourselves and
others) and believe the good news, (that in Him, we find the way into God's
love, through God's forgiveness and the filling of our lives with His
- To worship the living God as He desires- with the
whole of our lives and, when we come together, with adoration, praise and
thanksgiving. We want to see the presence of God come amongst us - "What else
will distinguish us from all the other people on the face of the earth".
- To live godly lives - at home, in the workplace,
in our recreation, in the church, that we might become a visual aid to help
others to see the reality of Jesus in our lives. "He has given us everything we
need for life and godliness".
- To serve - one another and the community To see
God's love at work in practical ways in serving others through the gifts God
has given to each of us. "Keep your spiritual fervour, serving the Lord".
- To go - as far and wide as Jesus wants us to go to
share the good news at home and abroad. "Go into all the world and preach the
good news to all creation".
- The undeserved grace of God - "those who receive
God's abundant provision of grace and the gift of righteousness
reign in life".
- to see men taking up responsibility
and providing strong caring love for those in their trust.
- to see women
restored to the fullness of their strength and dignity
- to see children
being honoured and protected recognising it is "as children that we enter the
kingdom of God".
- Love - we are called to love God and one another,
not to use or exploit one another. Without love we have nothing.
- Honesty - we want honest open relationships with each other.
We want to be transparent with each other. No hiding in pride,
but facing the truth about ourselves. "You shall know the truth and the
truth shall set you free.
- Humility - beginning with the leadership we learn "to
honour one another above ourselves". We do not control or manipulate or
lord it over people. We are not bosses; we are servants.
- Faith - "We live by faith not by sight". "Without
faith it is impossible to please God".
- Obedience - we have to learn the ways of ]esus
and put it into practice. "Do not merely listen to the word - do what
- The Church - We recognise that we are just a part
of God's world wide Church and are privileged to be a part of it. We value
Fellowship with Christians in other streams of the Church.